When I was in Madagascar last month, I came across a book called “Baobabs de Madagascar”. Although it was in French, which is not exactly my first language, I decided to buy it on the strength of the excellent photographs. The text is clear and to the point and the description of each species is accompanied by distribution maps and line drawings.
It is not often one comes across a book where the title promises less than the content delivers. This is one of those exceptions: in spite of the title, the two non-Madagascan species (Adansonia digitata from the African continent and A. gibbosa from Australia) are treated the same way as the six ones endemic to Madagascar.
So, all in all I’m very happy with this addition to my library. The only little drawback for me is that an English text is easier to digest than one in French. Therefore I was happy to find out that an English version will be published soon.
The following link will give you more details:
PUBLICATIONSMy ebook "Plant photography; from theory to practice" can be ordered directly from https://my.bookbaby.com/book/ plant-and-flower-photography. The price is $ 14.99.
- adaptations Adromischus Aizoaceae (Mesembryanthemaceae) Aloe Aloinopsis Amaryllidaceae Anacampseros Antimima Apocynaceae Apocynaceae (Asclepiadaceae) Argyroderma Asphodelaceae Asphodelaceae (Aloaceae) Asteraceae (Compositae) Astroloba Avonia Boophone botanical terms Bulbine Bushmanland caudiciforms Cheiridopsis Conophytum Cotyledon Crassula Crassulaceae Curio Cylindrophyllum Deilanthe Delosperma Dioscorea Drosanthemum East Africa Euphorbia Euphorbiaceae geophytes Geraniaceae Gibbaeum Glottiphyllum Great Karoo Haworthia Haworthia arachnoidea Horn of Africa hybrid offspring knersvlakte Lampranthus Lithops Little Karoo Madagascan succulents Madagascar Mesembryanthemum Mesembs miniatures Monsonia Namaqualand Namibia natural hybrids Othonna Pelargonium Phyllobolus plant photography Portulacaceae Quaqua Rhinephyllum Richtersveld Ruschia Sarcocaulon Senecio Somaliland South African succulents Stapelia Stapeliads Stomatium Trichodiadema Vygies
- Follow enjoy succulents on WordPress.com
- Tylecodon reticulatus subsp. reticulatus (part 2 of 2) May 8, 2017
- Tylecodon reticulatus subsp. reticulatus (part 1 of 2) May 7, 2017
- Lithops karasmontana ssp. karasmontana var. karasmontana April 29, 2017
- Malephora mollis April 22, 2017
- Kewa (Hypertelis) salsoloides April 17, 2017