In 2000, Glen and Hardy came to the conclusion that Aloe comptonii, A. distans and A. mitriformis were to be united, under the old name A. perfoliata.
This species is most common in the Little Karoo, bur occurs from the Bokkeveld Mountains in the northwest to Genadendal in the south and Uitenhage in the east. The plants are usually found on sandstone or quartzitic outcrops where they often hang down vertical cliffs with stems up to 3 m long. The leaves are bluish-green and up to 25 cm long.
The flowers vary from dull orange-red to bright red and appear from August to February.
PUBLICATIONS / WEBSITEIf you want information on my CD "Succulent plants of the Little Karoo" , have a look at my website http://www.noltee.com. You can order my ebook "Plant photography; from theory to practice" directly from https://my.bookbaby.com/book/plant-and-flower-photography. The price is $ 14.99.
- adaptations Adromischus Aizoaceae (Mesembryanthemaceae) Aloe Aloinopsis Amaryllidaceae Anacampseros Antimima Apocynaceae Apocynaceae (Asclepiadaceae) Argyroderma Asphodelaceae Asphodelaceae (Aloaceae) Asteraceae (Compositae) Astroloba Avonia Boophone botanical terms Bulbine Bushmanland caudiciforms Cheiridopsis Conophytum Cotyledon Crassula Crassulaceae Curio Cylindrophyllum Deilanthe Delosperma Dioscorea Drosanthemum East Africa Euphorbia Euphorbiaceae Faucaria geophytes Geraniaceae Gibbaeum Glottiphyllum Great Karoo Haworthia Haworthia arachnoidea Horn of Africa hybrid offspring knersvlakte Lampranthus Lithops Little Karoo Madagascar Mesembryanthemum Mesembs miniatures Monsonia Namaqualand Namibia natural hybrids Othonna Pelargonium Phyllobolus plant photography Portulacaceae Quaqua Rhinephyllum Richtersveld Ruschia Sarcocaulon Senecio Somaliland South African succulents Stapelia Stapeliads Stomatium Trichodiadema Vygies
- Follow enjoy succulents on WordPress.com
- Pachypodium horombense January 18, 2017
- Augea capensis January 9, 2017
- Pelargonium echinatum (part 2 of 2) January 3, 2017
- Pelargonium echinatum (part 1 of 2) January 2, 2017
- In search of the ideal tripod for plant photography December 23, 2016